Google Voice is one of the best voicemail services from Google. It allows you to send free messages, voicemails, etc. But some users reported that they are facing the ‘failed to refresh’ issue on Google Voice. When they are trying to open call logs and apps, voicemails or text messages, the issue occurs. So, let’s find out some solutions for this issue through this article.
Turn on Stock Contacts Application in the Settings on Phone
- You should invoke the Settings of the phone.
- Then select the Application Manager then choose the Contacts option.
- Later, select the button of Enable.
- Finally, reboot the device and check if the issue has been resolved.
Turn on the Synchronize for the Account Linked to the Google Voice
- You should launch the Settings of the device.
- Thereafter, select the Accounts option.
- Choose the Google option.
- Then pick the account connected to the Google Voice.
- You have to look at whether the ‘sync of the Google account’ turns it on.
- Otherwise, turn on the sync then look at whether the application is removing the issue.
- Otherwise, once more, invoke the screen of account settings by pursuing 1 to 4.
- Later, select the button of More and choose the Remove Account option.
- You should reboot the device.
- Now, add the linked account to the phone and invoke Google Voice to check whether Google Voice is working well with the affected account.
Connect the Original Contact Number to Different Google Voice Number
- Firstly, you have to shut the Google Voice application and invoke the Settings of the phone.
- Then select the Application Manager option and choose the Voice option.
- You should choose the Force Stop option and verify to prevent the application.
- Go to the Storage option.
- Select the Clear Cache option and choose the Clear Data then verify to remove the data.
- Invoke the browser and launch its Incognito mode.
- Go to the site of Google Voice and log-in via any Gmail account or make a new account.
- Through the wizard by the site to make a fresh Google Voice number and connect it to the original contact number.
- Launch the application of Google Voice and utilize the freshly made number using Google Voice and look at whether it is operating well or not.
- Once more, invoke the browser to reach the site of Google Voice and connect the default number to the corrupt Google Voice number.
Jack Arona is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Ava has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.