When you try to update your Windows or update the device drivers you can encounter the 80070103 error code. It occurs when you attempt to update a driver through Windows update or install a driver installed on the system already. So, here are the steps to fix the 80070103 Windows update error code.
If you want to hide updates, then pursue the instruction given below.
- First of all, you have to hold Win + S keys at once on the keyboard to open Control Panel.
- After that, you should select System and Security.
- Then go to the System from the System and Security section.
- Go to the left panel and beneath the System application, select ‘Advanced System Settings.’
- Navigate to the Hardware button and select the Device Installation Settings.
- You have to choose ‘No(your device might not work as expected) and continue to save the modification.
- Now, once you create the needed changes and the error 80070103 Windows update will not pop-up on display, then reboot the system.
Install Drivers Manually
If you want to install drivers manually, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Get started by uninstalling recently installed drivers completely via Display Driver Uninstaller.
- After that, you should hit Win + R keys at once on the keyboard to open the Run dialog section.
- Input the ‘devmgmt.msc’ into the Run dialog section and then hit the Enter key.
- Then you will see Device Manager window then select and open Display adapters.
- Go to the device and right-click on it beneath Display adapters, then choose Update Driver.
- Beneath Update driver chooses another option ‘Browse my computer for driver software.’
- Go to the location wherever you ‘download the driver and install ‘ it appropriately by pursuing the steps on display.
- Once you complete the driver updating process, then reboot the system.
- Now, ensure the issue has solved fir Windows update 80070103 error code.
Configure Proxy Server Settings
If you want to configure proxy server settings, then pursue the instruction given below.
- To get started, press Win + R keys at once on your keyboard to open the Run dialog section.
- After that, enter ‘cmd’ into the Run dialog section and hit the Enter key to launch Command Prompt.
- Then you should enter ‘netsh winhttp show proxy’ in the prompt.
- You can see the proxy server settings, but when you get a message signifying Direct Access.
- In this situation, press Win + R buttons and enter cmd into the dialog section.
- After open Command Prompt, input sfc/scannow and press the Enter key.
- You have to wait to finish the scanning process after this guides you to check whichever problems in Windows OS automatically.
- Now, you have to reboot the system and check if the error has gone.
Aaron Jack is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.