Google chrome is widely used all over the globe as the browser is lightweight and packs modest features as well. However, Chrome also has issues like ERR_UNSAFE_PORT error, like other technical products. The user may notice an error:
The webpage is unavailable. Error code: ERR_UNSAFE_PORT.
This must be annoying to notice issues, mainly when the web page the user needs to open is essential in finishing the everyday task. But you can fix this error through the following steps. If you want to know about how to fix such an error, then you are on the right post. Read through the blogs and follow the steps to know about it.
How to troubleshoot Error Code of Chrome: ERR_UNSAFE_PORT
- Permit Unsafe Ports.
- Resetting and Reinstalling Chrome.
How to permit risky Ports in Chrome
If the user wishes to permit risky Ports, then pursue the given instructions:
- Right-click on Google Chrome’s desktop shortcut.
- Choose properties.
- Tap the shortcut tab as Chrome properties open.
- Tap on a box nearby the target, then input “-explicitly-allowed-ports=xxx” The complete address should be like this “C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe –explicitly-allowed-ports=6666
- Select Apply and then OK to save changes.
How to Install and Reset the Google Chrome
- Click Windows key +R to open run option.
- In Run option, type text:
- Select OK to open the Data folder.
- Find Default folder.
- Choose the folder and then click Shift + Del.
- Tap Yes, if asked.
- Open Google Chrome as default folder is deleted.
- Tap set up and manage Chrome at the top right.
- Choose settings.
- Find the Advanced option in the Settings section.
- Tap to see Advanced settings.
- Find Restore settings in the first default option.
- Then tap on it.
- Select the Reset Setting option.
Once it is complete, go to Chrome and verify whether the problem is resolved or not.
If the user completed the procedure and is still facing the error, then they should reinstall Chrome. Before installing the app again, you have to delete Chrome from the system completely. Users can browse Google Chrome and then download this version. The user should always ensure that your system is updated to its latest version. The user should also make a backup of the sensitive data
Jack Arona is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.